Tuesday 7 April 2020

Easter Learning Journey : week 2 Day 7

MUM:
My mum is from an island all the way in Tonga.  A island named Lofanga it is located
within the Ha’apai group in the center of the Country. Lofanga is a small island and has
a population of 120 people. InLofanga there are homemade houses that are out of
coconut leaves and timberwood. It is hot in Lofanga with a Temperature of 26 degrees.
In tonga the supermarkets have fresh fruits and vegetables from people’s gardens and
that is my mum. Nuku’alofa is the capital city of tonga
As you can see above is the map of lofanga on the bottom right is the
Ha’apai group and as you can see the red mark is the small island of lofanga.
The bottom left side is the map of  lofanga and on the top is the real life map and
what the island looks like. 

DAD:
My dad is from an island called Tongatapu which is the largest  island in Tonga. He
used to live in the City called Nukuʻalofa for 6 years before he came to NZ. Did you
know that Nuku’alofa is the capital city of tonga. Nuku’alofa has a population of 
22,400 people. in Tonga lot’s of things are expensive so we fill a Big wooden Box with
food and products that they need in tonga and Ship onto a ship to send to tonga and they
go and pick it up. We will always send one when someone close to us will come to NZ.
The king of tonga  lives in the capital city nuku'alofa and I was really surprised when he
told me that he saw the king and he showed me the picture. He loves Tonga, and that is
my Dad.
On the top is the big island that my dad lived in when he was young and where the red
star is the city where my dad lived and on the bottom is the map of Nukualofa and on
the bottom is the picture of the whole country of Tonga.


Task Description: This my Task  for Day 7 of the Easter Learning Journey. Today's
task was about your parents city and country and what is the capital city in there
country. both of my parents are Tongan and i am really proud of Culture and family.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Fonua. What great information about where your parents are from. Did you already know these things or do you have to talk with your parents to complete this task? Have you ever been to Tonga to visit where your parents are from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs Moala i already knew these stuff about my parents because we always have family time and it is a really special time for our family. I only have been to Tonga when i was a little baby boy

    ReplyDelete